Decorating your interior with an inexpensive throws can add a pop of color and interest to any sofa. A throw is a decorative blanket that is used to place over a couch, chair, or sofa. It is available in a wide range of comfortable fabrics, such as cotton, wool, chenille, and stylish cashmere. A throw not only add style to a room but also provide warmth and comfort for family and friends on chilly days and nights.
- Before buying a throw, first you need to find out what kind of sofa you want to decorate with a throw. This is because different sofas work best with particular throw fabrics and styles.
- After determining the type of your sofa, you need to consider your overall home décor in order to choose the color of the throw. Select a shade that best complement with your sofa fabric color. For example, you can choose a bright red or sunny yellow throw for a white sofa.
- You also need to consider your sofa when selecting the type of throw material. For example, use a throw in cozy fabric, such as chenille or cashmere, to add warmth and coziness to a dark leather couch. Use a lightweight and elegant pashima throw on a stylish linen sofa.
- After determining the most suitable type and color of throw to use, you can place it over the top of your sofa to give it a decorative touch. If the throw is small, simple drape the entire throw, however if it is larger, you can fold it in half before placing it on the sofa. This will prevent it from touching the floor.
- Lastly, give a finishing touch to the sofa décor by adding coordinating pillows. For instance, if you select an animal-print throw, you can use matching pillows. Decorate your green throw with pillows featuring leaf or other nature-inspired designs.